Reference for Skipavika industrial park
FPSO «Petrojarl I» arrived Skipavika, quay 1, May 3. 2013, as the first vessel moored to this new quay.
As OIM/Captain in charge of this arrival, and still in charge of operational challenges during lay-up, I like to point out following:
– Very easy and safe entrance from pilot station to the quay side.
– Unlimited sailing- and air draft.
– Very good shelter, both from wind, waves and swell.
– Two new quays with very good fenders.
– Strong bollards and sufficient amount of bollards, for vessel above 250 meters.
– Port limit outside Bergen harbour limit, give you lower harbour fees.
– No specific requirements regarding use of tugs when docking. (Only one for entrance/transit Mongstad port jurisdiction).
– Possible to have electricity from shore.
– New service facilities for repairs and storing under construction.
– New and modern barracks for extra personnel just outside the ISPS gate. Catering service available.
– Trucks, cranes and other service equipment available on site and in the area.
– And one very important reason for choosing Skipavika is the excellent service from all personnel working at the site.
Per O. Aag
Senior Operations Advisor / Project Manager ePTW Implementation
Teekay Petrojarl Production AS Phone: +47 91530006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing energy to the world with Teekay Spirit
(Foto: Trond Arne Hageland)